Now is your chance to make your own personal mental health pledge in the space provided below. Here are a few ideas.
- Everyone – Pledge to acknowledge you have mental health and write what you will do to care for your own mental wellness.
- Landlords and Employers – Pledge to provide reasonable accommodations for people living with mental health challenges.
- Medical Care Providers – Pledge to talk with your patients about their mental health and provide referrals as needed. Physical and mental health are closely related!
- Parents and Family Members – Pledge to listen with care as your loved ones share their challenges with you. Your support can make all the difference.
- Young People – Pledge to stand up for people who are being treated differently because of their mental health conditions. You can be a friend to a person who feels completely alone.
- Everyone – Pledge to watch your language. Words like “crazy,” and casual uses of “bipolar” or “schizo” are profoundly hurtful to someone struggling with mental health challenges
- Everyone – Pledge to learn more about about suicide, recovery and mental health diagnoses.Check out www.standagainststigma.com and www.shasta.networkofcare.org/mh/ to learn more about stigma, mental health issues and local mental health resources.